Job Opening: Missions Director
The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) is seeking a MISSIONS DIRECTOR for our Israel office, beginning in late April or early May 2020. CIJA is the advocacy agent of the Jewish Federations of Canada. We are a national, non-partisan, non-profit organization, representing the perspectives of 150,000 Canadian Jews affiliated through local Federations. CIJA’s missions to Israel primarily target Canadian political, cultural, civic and campus influencers, and represent the single most effective method of winning support for Israel and a vital Canada-Israel relationship.
Position Overview: The Missions Director is responsible for all of CIJA’s missions to Israel – including program development, facilitating ground arrangements (logistics and programming), interaction with vendors, monitoring the progress of the mission, and finally managing the post-mission follow-up (invoicing, etc.). In addition, the Mission Director is responsible for the on-going development of CIJA’s missions – speaker recruitment, scouting new mission venues, etc. Working in collaboration with CIJA’s Israel Office Director, the Missions Director reports to the Vice President of Government Relations (Canada) and manages a missions coordinator. This is a full-time position that requires advanced skills in the management of detail and deadlines, excellent inter-personal skills, a strong desire to make a positive contribution to Canadian influencers’ understanding of Israel and the middle east, and regular availability outside normal working hours.
- Designing programs for missions, and coordinating planning with CIJA Canadian-based staff
- Coordinating all logistical requirements for missions with the Israel-based tour operator
- Maintaining relationships with the respective Canadian diplomatic missions (TLV & Ramallah)
- Engaging and developing relationships with Knesset Members and their staff
- Supervising the Mission coordinator
- Seeking new speakers, guides, ideas and activities for missions
- Other responsibilities as required.
Experience and skills
- 2-5 years experience in tour/mission operations in either the community or private sector
- strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to remain calm and problem solve under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of Canada (political, academic, business sectors)
- Excellent knowledge of Hebrew, English and conversational knowledge of French
- Holds valid driver’s permit, with access to personal vehicle
Desired start date: April 20, 2020
Salary/benefits: Commensurate with experience
Office location: Jerusalem
CV and cover letter in English to David Cooper, email@example.com by Friday, March 20, 2020.